This blog deals with my personal battle against eyecancer (choroidal melanoma).

Thursday, February 16, 2006

no news is good news

wow, it's been almost a year since my last post. and this time the phrase 'no news is good news' hits the hammer right on the nail. a short rollup:

  • I went through the proposed six months fotemustin chemo therapy without any major complications. In fact I was never even sick, but I did suffer from severe fatique. Well, that's not really a problem, I just had to take it easy and sleep *a lot*, sometimes up to 14-16 hours a day. Chemo therapy doesn't have to be like going through hell alive!

  • The chemo therapy ended mid-october 2005. Now (mid-february 2006) I had a first overall checkup. And everything is fine! The liver itself in fine, liver values are fine & blood values are fine too :-) Nothing is off track.

  • The eye itself is 'hanging in there' (excuse the pun). I have lost about 50% of my sight on my right eye due to proton beam treatment. This may sound bad, but it is no real issue for me. My left eye is perfect (>100%) and over the last couple of months I got more and more used to my vision.

At the moment there is nothing to be worried about. I'll just keep up with checks in regular intervals to play it safe.

-pj


no such thing as spare time
no such thing as free time
no such thing as down time
all you got is life time...

(henry rollins)